Show your love for the outdoors on your truck or SUV with the Camo Grass in your favorite Camo. This easy-to-use kit is designed to cover the rocker panel of full size and long beds. NOT for fender flares or wheel wells. Kit includes (7) 21″ x 56″ tall grass pieces. Matte finish.
Adhesive vinyl graphic
Air Release technology for easy, bubble-free installation
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Mild Soap & Water Mixture or Alcohol – to clean the surface.
- Lint Free Paper Towel or Cloth – to dry the surface.
- Low-Tack Masking Tape – to tack in place or create a hinge.
- Squeegee or Credit Card – for applying vinyl
- Air Release Tool – to remove any trapped air bubbles that may form.
- Hobby Knife (OFLA or XACTO knife) – for trimming away excess vinyl.
- Heat Gun – for heating vinyl on complicated installations.
|BEFORE GRAPHIC INSTALLATION:
- The first step in any successful application is cleaning your camo project before Installation.
- For a vehicle wrap, the day before application, the vehicle should be taken to a car wash that uses brushes. Manual cleaning is not recommended.
- After the vehicle is washed, thoroughly inspect the surface and edges for any remaining wax, polish, grease or grime.
- Any such substance must be removed using industrial cleaners or silicone detergents (Isopropyl Alcohol will not do the trick). Using two cloths (one dry, one with Solvent) one in each hand, wipe the solvent on with the wet towel and then off with the dry one. This is to keep the solvent from drying onto the surface. CAUTION: Before Using any Solvent on a vehicle, be sure to test in an inconspicuous area to ensure the solvent won’t damage the vehicle’s paint.
- A final cleaning should be done with Isopropyl Alcohol to clean away any impurities that could hinder the adhesive using the same two hand, two cloth method as mentioned above.
- The next step is to remove any parts that may hamper the application such as Trims & Logos. Check and clean the covered surfaces as described above.
- It is very important to allow the vehicle to dry completely. It can take up to 24 hours for a vehicle to dry fully, when in humid or cold conditions, which may mean allowing the vehicle to dry indoors overnight before applying.
|RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION CONDITIONS:
||Whenever possible, try to apply graphics indoors in a controlled environment, such as a covered car bay or garage. Doing so will not only help you control the temperature (ideally between 70°F and 80°F), but also reduce the amount of wind, dust and other contaminates that may hinder the install process. Make sure your bay or garage is as clean as possible from dust or debris that may happen to circulate during your install (mop floor and dust with a damp cloth) before bringing in the surface for the vinyl application.
If you must do your install outside, grab a friend and choose a non-windy day that is between 60°F and 90°F, with a surface temperature over 45°F (use water to cool surface) to insure the adhesive bond forms correctly.
|HOW TO INSTALL YOUR CAMOGRASS KIT:
- VERY IMPORTANT: When performing a vehicle wrap you should start with the back of the vehicle first, then work your way to the front. This ensures that when you are driving the vehicle, the wind will not peel up the installed graphic.
- For best results use pieces that are more suitable and comfortable for you to handle.
- Cut pieces to fit the area you are covering and allow for extra material around the edges so you can trim off any excess.
- Unroll the Grass Product and determine which pieces will go where. Short Pieces are for Fenders Only & Tall Pieces are for Accent Strips along the bottom of the vehicle.
- Line up the Short Pieces of your Camograss Accent Graphics to the Fender Flares and determine the length needed – Cut to Length in 3 Pieces to make the Install go Smoothly.
- Install First Piece of Camograss Accent Graphics by removing the backing, holding up to the vehicle and tacking into place using light finger pressure. If alignment is off, remove and reposition before squeegeeing. Once in place use the included squeegee to apply the grass to the fender making sure the grass sticks up past the flares. During installation you may have to apply heat while pulling on the vinyl grass to force the grass to follow the curve of the fender.
- Install Second Piece of Camograss Accent Graphics by first making a “Wave Cut” on the overlapping end to help hide the seam. Align Middle piece and tack into place using light finger pressure. If alignment is off, remove and reposition before squeegeeing. Once in place use the included squeegee to apply the vinyl grass piece, heating and pulling grass to follow the curve of the Fender.
- Install the Last Piece of Camograss Accent Graphics by first making a “Wave Cut” on the overlapping end to help hide the seam. Align the final fender piece and tack into place using light finger pressure. If alignment is off, remove and reposition before squeegeeing. Once in place use the included squeegee to apply the vinyl grass piece, heating and pulling the grass to follow the curve of the Fender.
- Once the Fender Install is Complete it is time to trim the excess material by placing your knife flat against the inside Fender well and following the curve of the Fender. Throw away left over or excess material.
- Align Tall Pieces to the bottom portion of the vehicle, peel back the adhesive liner several inches and align the Camograss Accent Graphics piece and tack in place using light finger pressure. If alignment is off, remove and reposition before squeegeeing.
- Once tacked in place and the alignment is good, and then firmly squeegee the Camograss Accent Graphics to the Vehicle working out any excess air or bubbles. If a bubble appears, simply use an air release tool to poke and release the trapped air. Make sure to come back and squeegee the poke hole with light to moderate pressure and heat if necessary.
- Make sure to overlap the pieces at least ½” to allow for shrinking at the seam area.
- You may apply some heat to lightly stretch the Camograss Accent Graphics around curves, bends or raised areas. When applying heat make sure not to over stretch the Camograss Accent Graphics as it will crack, fade, or wrinkle.
- Trim each piece flush to the edges of the panel, or wrap around body edges and all other leading edges.
- When application is complete, re-heat and re-squeegee all of the applied surfaces with firm pressure. Pay particular attention to the edges and seams. This will ensure the Camograss Accent Graphics is bonded to the Vehicle itself.
- When possible keep product above 60 degrees for as long as possible (12 hours is ideal) after application – before exposing it to the weather – this will help to strengthen the bond.
|Use soap and water to clean graphics. Do Not use a pressure washer on graphics as this can cause them to rip and peel away. Do Not use petroleum based cleaners or spill gas on graphics as this can cause them to fade or change color completely. Do Not wax the graphics; it will only cause damage to them.
|HOW TO REMOVE:
||In order to remove the Camograss Kit you may have to Heat the Camouflage Vinyl with a Heat Gun or Hair Dryer for several seconds to loosen the adhesive bond, then peel the material from the surface on a 120° Angle. Any residue that may be left behind can be removed with a Citrus Based remover or Alcohol.